Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

Klub Sentinel Klub Sentinel

Hook 5 and tattoos

Hey amazing people, 

Thanks to a lot of playing around and some advice from Smoke and the general forums, I'm finally getting a basic feel of what the tk17 system is capable of.  Everything done with hook 5 and all the other mods is incredible.  I'm curious about one thing, for potential in the future.  Maybe (probably) it has already been discussed and I'm just not finding it...

Would it be possible to add another standard layer to hook to house things like tattoos, freckles, or other modifications to a skin?  The specular, normal, and sub system are already amazing.  I'm curious if there could be a layer on top of the base skin layer to include additional skin details.  I would think you could then, fairly easily, mix and match base skin looks with various tattoos, skin imperfections, face details, etc.  

I know this is definitely easily achievable through the custom skin system with the hook extended suite but it seems cumbersome.  Am I dumb and this could be achieved through one of the other existing main layers?  Aside from hard adding tattoos/etc onto the base body layer...

Edited by Sibrphreak

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Sibrphreak said:

Hey amazing people, 

Thanks to a lot of playing around and some advice from Smoke and the general forums, I'm finally getting a basic feel of what the tk17 system is capable of.  Everything done with hook 5 and all the other mods is incredible.  I'm curious about one thing, for potential in the future.  Maybe (probably) it has already been discussed and I'm just not finding it...

Would it be possible to add another standard layer to hook to house things like tattoos, freckles, or other modifications to a skin?  The specular, normal, and sub system are already amazing.  I'm curious if there could be a layer on top of the base skin layer to include additional skin details.  I would think you could then, fairly easily, mix and match base skin looks with various tattoos, skin imperfections, face details, etc.  

I know this is definitely easily achievable through the custom skin system with the hook extended suite but it seems cumbersome.  Am I dumb and this could be achieved through one of the other existing main layers?  Aside from hard adding tattoos/etc onto the base body layer...

As you mentioned Custom Skin System Basically does everything you want pretty effectively.  What are you finding cumbersome?

• Like 1

Do Not PM Me For Request - Put Your Request in the Forums

Ok, first, thank you for being so incredibly on the spot with replying.  Not sure where you're at but it's Friday night where I am and that's... Well, just really nice of you.

I guess navigating the hook 5 system just requires a lot more time and steps to create a custom skin than, say, copying a image file that has the tattoos I like and pasting it into the folder for a skin I like.  Or having a drop down selection menu, to apply tattoos, in game. 

The built in tattoos system does a lot of weird clipping stuff, whereas the hook based layers are pretty flawless in how they apply. And the regional options are really limited.

It's awesome how you can apply additional layers through hook.  It would just be slick to be like "I love this skin, I love this tattoo and other skin detail set, let me just drag and drop one on top of the other" without using photo software or going through a bunch of menus.  Does that make sense? I'm techy but not y'all's level of techy and I've got a buzz, so apologies if this is dumb.

37 minutes ago, Sibrphreak said:

It's not that you're dumb, it is that it's not really too intuitive. 

Look at my girl's ass for an example:

screenshot_23_02_14 10_33_22.jpg

Here, you have veins, birthmarks, stretch marks and tan lines . All of them, are different layers of Rassía's skin.

And, as for tattoos, look at Ludmila's:

Ludmila's Tattoos. The girl, the flag and the Hammer and Sickle.

All the tattoos were made in a single layer, following @PsychoCatGirl's tutorial to make them in substance painter. And there you have also muscles and veins in the skin.

It's just explore the different options you have at your disposal, and if you don't find what you want/need, it's relatively easy to make them from scratch, but you need to know the "know how".

But yes, H5 makes them possible. Maybe you need to practice to thame it. 

• Thanks 1

"Modders of all tastes, UNITE!"

Find all of OUR files here.

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, Sibrphreak said:

It's awesome how you can apply additional layers through hook.  It would just be slick to be like "I love this skin, I love this tattoo and other skin detail set, let me just drag and drop one on top of the other" without using photo software or going through a bunch of menus.  Does that make sense? I'm techy but not y'all's level of techy and I've got a buzz, so apologies if this is dumb.

Makes sense.  For the most part you can do this without a photo editing software.  It just depends on how the person made the tattoo or skin.  The way the custom skin system works is by layering items on top of each other.  Yes it uses menu's but remember this is a game.  There is nothing out there game wise that allows you to just drag and drop things into the interface.  Nothing...not VAM, wildlife, Sims 4, etc works that way.

• Like 1

Do Not PM Me For Request - Put Your Request in the Forums