Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

Klub Sentinel Klub Sentinel

Oldschool amateur VHS datestamp

Herbert69

Question

Hi,

In old amateur videos you often see a VHS camcorder datestamp in the vid itself:

Datestamp example.png

I though it would be cool to try and make this in-game so I used https://dapug.lol/vcr/ and generated 10 minutes of timetamp images. I then took this Movie Title addon and swapped the images and set diffuse_swap_speed to "1": https://www.klubexile.com/files/file/903-r9toy425-movie-title-toy-addon-animated-cumshot-activemod/

VHS-overlay - Copy.png

Unfortunately you can see this does not work as a toy because it gets weird lightning/reflection issues, and also needs to be placed exactly the same for different poses if it would work.

So now I'm wondering if anyone could make an addon that creates a simple overlay on the viewscreen with such a datestamp when pressing preview/play or always. It could just be one day (like in the first example).

To be clear: I am not looking for a way to do this by post-processing videos, as I don't use that. Just as an overlay in-game that can be used with the sequencer for example.

3 answers to this question

Have you looked at all ReShade goodies out there? This might exist in a graphic enhancer like that.

It's rather easy to do it "post production"... As an addon toy, I don't feel it's practical. 

But as always, I can be wrong in that.

• Like 1

"Modders of all tastes, UNITE!"

Find all of OUR files here.

• Administrator

Isn't it better and easier adding that in post? Like PS/gimp, etc. Pretty sure you'll be able to find overlay templates.

🇺🇸 The Few and The Proud 🇺🇸

On 6/13/2024 at 1:42 AM, SovietTiger said:

Have you looked at all ReShade goodies out there? This might exist in a graphic enhancer like that.

It's rather easy to do it "post production"... As an addon toy, I don't feel it's practical. 

But as always, I can be wrong in that.

Thanks I hadn't considered that.

I have no experience with ReShade yet, but it looks promising.

• Thumbs Up 1