Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

Klub Sentinel Klub Sentinel

Activate 'ActiveMod' on old mods

Well, hello comrades.

As I usually do, it's that time of the year that I dedicate weeks to try to clean up my system. This time, I bought a dedicated Solid Hard Drive to use it to store everything I've got of The Klub. This has given me the opportunity to organize my stuff and use the JSGME tool, that I think will solve all my problems. But it needs a lot of time and effort to do a decent job. 

Anyway, I came across a old addon I particularly like, but I bet I will need to update because it won't fit the heads of the models as it should; and I don't use because I have no use for a helmet that has a Quebecuan flag on it:

screenshot_24_05_24 19_39_37.jpg

This is the very sexy R9Hat094 named "military helmet".

This is hair sizer compatible, but it is not ActiveMod "activated". I know our great comrade @aardy knows how to activate this feature. And I wish to learn how to do it. 

So, the question is: Could anybody tell us, the apprentices, how to activate this feature in the old addons?

• Agree 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Modders of all tastes, UNITE!"

Find all of OUR files here.

I actually tried to install the Camo Outfit from @oaks and I got it right... Except for the helmet. In any case, I don't intend to use it beyond a gallery with his model Ariana, but I think it's fitting to see if we can learn to do this.

• Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, Trapp said:

I actually tried to install the Camo Outfit from @oaks and I got it right... Except for the helmet. In any case, I don't intend to use it beyond a gallery with his model Ariana, but I think it's fitting to see if we can learn to do this.

Oh! That's the reason I do know that aardy knows how to do this. I was puzzled because I wanted to edit the army helmet but had no idea how to do it, and he gave us this:

And I would really like to understand how he did it.

• Agree 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Driver said:

Probably it would work with this file, it's not fully tested though.

Scripts.zip 355 B · 0 downloads

123.jpg

I'll test it out, many thanks.

Now, the structure is to put a file into

Scripts\Shared\

in this case R9Hat094.ActiveMod.bs

and into it, 

"Shared/Cloth/R9Hat094" , "R9Hat094" , "Dress33394_Description" ,
"Shared/Cloth/R9Hat094_001" , "R9Hat094_001" , "Dress33394_Description" ,
"Shared/Cloth/R9Hat094_002" , "R9Hat094_002" , "Dress33394_Description" ,

Each line is for each of the textures used with the path to the addons in the first place and, I assume, the name to use in ActiveMod? I don't know where the third column but I'm guessing that's the ID that might be in other bs file.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Administrator

As you noticed that the addon has 3 different 'textures'. This addon was made a long time ago, pre H5 days and pre-Active mod days. I think for AM to work, it can only read 2 texture files, I recall reading about some errors. Not sure if they were addressed as I was merely a noob in those time.

• Like 1

🇺🇸 The Few and The Proud 🇺🇸

From the left to the right,

"name of the texture in Addons" , "name of the texture in ActiveMod" , "name of the DressDescription"

The last one, might sound unusual, is written in very first line of the Dress script (DcDressXXXXXX).

5656.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Driver said:

From the left to the right,

"name of the texture in Addons" , "name of the texture in ActiveMod" , "name of the DressDescription"

The last one, might sound unusual, is written in very first line of the Dress script (DcDressXXXXXX).

5656.jpg

Nice! I wasn't that lost, I believe. This will make easier to use old addons that seem aren't ActiveMod activated and work with their textures before trying to make new versions. 

Comrade @Driver, you're the man!

• Agree 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Smoke said:

As you noticed that the addon has 3 different 'textures'. This addon was made a long time ago, pre H5 days and pre-Active mod days. I think for AM to work, it can only read 2 texture files, I recall reading about some errors. Not sure if they were addressed as I was merely a noob in those time.

I thought Avarteas included those codes of all R9 clothes in VX, but he forgot to add some?

• Hmmmm 1

40 minutes ago, SovietTiger said:

Nice! I wasn't that lost, I believe. This will make easier to use old addons that seem aren't ActiveMod activated and work with their textures before trying to make new versions. 

Comrade @Driver, you're the man!

It is simple with those R9 addons because they share the name both in Addons and ActiveMod, but a bit more complicated in the default game items like aardy's one you mentioned above.

For those original items, refer to \VX-Mod\Scripts\Shared\Mod_Orig.bs

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Driver said:

It is simple with those R9 addons because they share the name in Addons and ActiveMod, but a bit more complicated in the default game items like aardy's one you mentioned above.

For those original items, refer to \VX-Mod\Scripts\Shared\Mod_Orig.bs

Noted. I've got a special interest into making a H5 version of the baroque room, but I noticed it wasn't activated and lost interest to it. Now, I can resume the crusade.

Again, many thanks!

• Love It 1

16 minutes ago, SovietTiger said:

Noted. I've got a special interest into making a H5 version of the baroque room, but I noticed it wasn't activated and lost interest to it. Now, I can resume the crusade.

Again, many thanks!

You might have already found this, you can see activemod naming of default room textures in \VX-Mod\Scripts\Luder\Common\Room.ActiveMod.bs

By the way, you can also make a texture mod for these default rooms using hook5 level definitions, if you put them in Addons. When you want to use hook5 version of room with the sequencer, it would be helpful.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
On 5/24/2024 at 11:01 PM, Driver said:

I thought Avarteas included those codes of all R9 clothes in VX, but he forgot to add some?

Not really trying to talk shit about him due to the 'drama and issues'. But in term of being critical of his communication, he was terrible. If he did 'fix it' he surely forgot to even mention it and/or creating a example/template for people to follow. And as he stated many times, he never modded nor tinkered in blender and he mostly 'codded'. So if he wanted someone with a different skill set, he surely opted to not notify them of the change so they can help out.

And honestly, I really don't hold any expectations if it worked or not. His last major update was the whole 'interactive' morphs in which users were supposedly able to create morphs on the go and people could of adapted clothing mods to fit different bodies types. This was a bust due to the complex codding input that he himself didn't understand as he really failed to explain how it should be done and how it would look and this made him sour because no one was able to bail him out by creating a solid example and template.

• Thumbs Up 2

🇺🇸 The Few and The Proud 🇺🇸

@Smoke

Probably he lacked two kinds of talent, someone who understood his vision and could simplify and publicize it, and someone who had an equal understanding of TK's code as he did, like Rick, RK, and dp16. According to Mrollyk, all he got was a boss who was keen on scheduling. Considering he's Italian and was not a very good English speaker, the damage from the lack of the former could have been more severe.

I say this as a modder, but if I were a developer, I would not favor a modder in general, who claims it to be improvement when he tinkered around the code. 😁 I once got mad about how Avarteas responded to me when I reported a bug of a version of VX to him because it seemed he behaved arrogant to me, but looking back these unfortunate things now I should have been a bit more generous about him cause he was doing things almost alone.