Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

Klub Sentinel Klub Sentinel

Creating new toy.

SovietTiger

So… I made this:

image.thumb.png.a906a21bb49f70e8628efec8a695c6ca.png

It’s a very low poli metal hammer, it doesn’t have any textures, I only used 1 material and modified it in Blender. It costed me a lot of effort to understand how to export stuff to the game, but I finally got it working… Sort of.

image.thumb.png.83da037b9c13e3e84b345157ac8ada0d.png

I managed to successfully export it to the game using the CollaTKane stuff, it costed me a lot again to understand what changes to do in the .bat file of the Toy, but I think I nailed it. This is what came up:

CollaTKane.exe -s "Scene.dae" "Addons/SovietTiger.Metal_Hammer/Scenes/Shared/Item/Metal_Hammer.bs" "Shared/Item/Metal_Hammer.ma" ^

-i "Shared/Item/Metal_Hammer" "Addons/SovietTiger.Metal_Hammer/Images/Q=Tex032M/Shared/Item/" ^

-tq -z ^

-sv "XxXaddonXxX" "Metal_Hammer" ^

-sv "XxXdescXxX" "Metal_Hammer" ^

-sv "XxXidXxX" "I32(0)" ^

-sv "XxXiconXxX" "I32(0)" ^

-sv "XxXnameXxX" "Metal_Hammer" ^

-ef "Setting/Extra_File/acTool.txt" "Addons/SovietTiger.Metal_Hammer/Scripts/Luder/Item/AcMetal_Hammer.bs" ^

-ef "Setting/Extra_File/tcTool.txt" "Addons/SovietTiger.Metal_Hammer/Scripts/Shared/Common/TcToolsVX_Metal_Hammer.bs" ^

-ef "Setting/Extra_File/activemodTool.txt" "Addons/SovietTiger.Metal_Hammer/Scripts/Shared/Metal_Hammer.ActiveMod.bs"

echo f|xcopy /y "Resources\Default_Icon.png" "Addons\SovietTiger.Metal_Hammer\Images\Q=Tex032M\Luder\GUI\Metal_Hammer_Icon.png"

Now… I’ve got  a single issue here. I changed the image from the resources directory to became the one of the hammer, but it doesn’t shows up in the game.

image.thumb.png.51dc9a64b58e2c0f60aea1fc54c4f0c4.png

If I use the original file “run_exemple_UserToy1_VX.bat” the image does show up, but with the unchanged name, obviously.

What am I missing here? Why the image doesn’t show up?

A little side note here: I have no programmer education, though I think I roughly understand how to read code, but I don’t know exactly what to watch for. Anyways, I’m a unemployed lawyer with a lot of free time this pandemic…

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

"Modders of all tastes, UNITE!"

Find all of OUR files here.

41 minutes ago, MrOllyK said:

I don't use CTK for anything but I still make toys.  Does the toy still work in game even without the icon?  Maybe if you zip and attach both toy versions I can see what's up.

Thank you very much! I'd appreciate it. I noticed something too. The place it pops up in the toy's list, isn't the same. The one labeled as "Steel Hammer", appears at the begginig of the list. The other one, UserToy01, appears after the default toys... Something is wrong but I cant spot what.

The two versions should appear in the game, I've tested them quite enough.

Metal Hammer 2 vers.zip

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SovietTiger said:

Thank you very much! I'd appreciate it. I noticed something too. The place it pops up in the toy's list, isn't the same. The one labeled as "Steel Hammer", appears at the begginig of the list. The other one, UserToy01, appears after the default toys... Something is wrong but I cant spot what.

The two versions should appear in the game, I've tested them quite enough.

I'm not sure what CTK does in the scripts and why some simply use "UserToy1", but I know why it shows up in 2 different places with and without icons.

- Avoid using "_" (underscore) in your names because the Lua routines that parse the addons for dynamic ID's uses underscore as a delimiter and using one in your name confuses it.

- Because the CTK script is creating a toy using dynamic "ID (0)" instead of a pre-defined ID number, your tool/toy name must end in a number.  It's got something to do with the Lua parsing routine.  Here I removed the underscore from every "Metal_Hammer" name (including filenames) and changed it to "MetalHammer01".  Works just fine:

SovietTiger.MetalHammer01.zip

It's just something to remember, especially when using dynamic ID's.  When it comes to R9 toys however, they already have a designated number so there isn't that problem.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, MrOllyK said:

I'm not sure what CTK does in the scripts and why some simply use "UserToy1", but I know why it shows up in 2 different places with and without icons.

- Avoid using "_" (underscore) in your names because the Lua routines that parse the addons for dynamic ID's uses underscore as a delimiter and using one in your name confuses it.

- Because the CTK script is creating a toy using dynamic "ID (0)" instead of a pre-defined ID number, your tool/toy name must end in a number.  It's got something to do with the Lua parsing routine.  Here I removed the underscore from every "Metal_Hammer" name (including filenames) and changed it to "MetalHammer01".  Works just fine:

SovietTiger.MetalHammer01.zip 92.1 kB · 0 downloads

It's just something to remember, especially when using dynamic ID's.  When it comes to R9 toys however, they already have a designated number so there isn't that problem.

Thank you so much! 

Those "little tips", to call them somehow, are very much needed in new tutorials, because the ones that are being uploaded are the old ones from MG, and are several years old. You are too kind Jedi Master @MrOllyK

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, SovietTiger said:

Thank you so much! 

Those "little tips", to call them somehow, are very much needed in new tutorials, because the ones that are being uploaded are the old ones from MG, and are several years old. You are too kind Jedi Master @MrOllyK

No problem.  Thing is with updated VX is that new functions have been added with little to no proper documentation, maybe just a snippet of an explanation under the update post itself.  It sort of comes down to us figuring it all out.  Some programmers are either just lazy or believe we all think like they do and automagically "know" how to use that largely hidden function, or know precisely what their short and cryptic explanation means.  As a result there are many functions and capabilities in VX I know exist but just can't figure out how to use.

Just so you're aware, clothing addons using dynamic "ID (0)" have the same naming constraints as for such toys.  I discovered this when I started making object props inserted as clothing (VX AddProps).. :classic_mellow:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrator
5 hours ago, MrOllyK said:

No problem.  Thing is with updated VX is that new functions have been added with little to no proper documentation, maybe just a snippet of an explanation under the update post itself.  It sort of comes down to us figuring it all out.  Some programmers are either just lazy or believe we all think like they do and automagically "know" how to use that largely hidden function, or know precisely what their short and cryptic explanation means.  As a result there are many functions and capabilities in VX I know exist but just can't figure out how to use.

Thats correct. In truth, one of the biggest problems in TK17 modding were the proper explanations to the masses. With proper explanation, its like a plant seed waiting to sprout - and analogy to new potential modders. If the explanation is not good, then any information, no matter how high potential it could be - would fall on barren land.

I recall the walls of text and code with TK17 updates on MG ... but truly, they werent useful at all to vast majority of people. When something is presented in more understandable form, then people learn much more easily and faster. And that also spares time of more able modders in answering potential questions or need for clarifications.

I think this game still has a very good potential, and will have even in years to come.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, x17 said:

Thats correct. In truth, one of the biggest problems in TK17 modding were the proper explanations to the masses. With proper explanation, its like a plant seed waiting to sprout - and analogy to new potential modders. If the explanation is not good, then any information, no matter how high potential it could be - would fall on barren land.

I recall the walls of text and code with TK17 updates on MG ... but truly, they werent useful at all to vast majority of people. When something is presented in more understandable form, then people learn much more easily and faster. And that also spares time of more able modders in answering potential questions or need for clarifications.

I think this game still has a very good potential, and will have even in years to come.

I think I might have been a tad harsh but it comes down to some programmers and modders wanting to continue coding and modding relentlessly, rather than taking the time to properly document what they just did in contemporary language for the masses to easily digest and comprehend.  After all, such activity cuts into development time but unfortunately, as an assembler coder myself have seen many programs and met many coders largely avoiding (sometimes unconsciously) information dissemination and exchange for one reason or another.  I was always of the mind that if I didn't give at bare minimum a rudimentary instruction as to what even my simplest utility does and how, nobody would use it.  That's like making the perfect pile of bricks but not supplying the recipe to the cement.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2021 at 1:17 AM, MrOllyK said:

SovietTiger.MetalHammer01.zip 92.1 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks MrOllyk.

I always run into this problem.

It takes me 2 minutes to make the toy and hours to get the freaking icon to work. Now i know what to look for.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 4:20 PM, SovietTiger said:

So… I made this:

image.thumb.png.a906a21bb49f70e8628efec8a695c6ca.png

Cool! We already have the Chainsaw and the zombies. We are missing just the sickle for this scene!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Morius said:

Cool! We already have the Chainsaw and the zombies. We are missing just the sickle for this scene!

Do you really think I didn't make the pair? Really?

screenshot_22_08_26 13_26_27.jpg

• Love It 1