Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

Klub Sentinel Klub Sentinel

Question: Addon Naming & Load Order?

AR34X

How does load order come into play in the Addons-folder? If I remember correctly folders are "preferred" over .zip, correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe it's a setting you can adjust in optionsmanager or in config-file... 

But what then about 2 addons, both being the same type (folder/.zip), and modifying the same files?

For example:

If you have 2 addons that replaces the same texture will the one "higher up" alphabetically be loaded by the game and the texture in the lower one be disregarded? 

Will other textures in the lower one still be loaded if they're not present in the one higher up?

• Like 1

You are correct that extracted/folder Addons load before zipped addons, but in VX, the order doesn't matter.

In old 7.5, where two objects could potentially share the same ID, only the first to load would be recognized. Since ID's are now assigned dynamically, it is no longer an issue.

As for teextures, ALL texture mods are loaded, appearing using their folder name so they ALL load (alphabetically, and as long as there's an Addon to go with them.) You can't have two folders with the exact same name in Windows, so you can't have two textures with the exact same name.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, OysterMug said:

You are correct that extracted/folder Addons load before zipped addons, but in VX, the order doesn't matter.

In old 7.5, where two objects could potentially share the same ID, only the first to load would be recognized. Since ID's are now assigned dynamically, it is no longer an issue.

As for teextures, ALL texture mods are loaded, appearing using their folder name so they ALL load (alphabetically, and as long as there's an Addon to go with them.) You can't have two folders with the exact same name in Windows, so you can't have two textures with the exact same name.

Thanks for the reply and clarification!

Okay, so I did a little testing... found two old addons by Hootie (1x/4x Makeup Overhaul) that wasn't working properly.  For it to work/be actually visible it has to be named so that comes before Body4xMod alphabetically (same textures are present in both).

You can check all this using your VX-Addon.log file seeing which ones are "ignored" etc.  With dynamic ID's if you fully allow that feature in Options Manager (I suggest you don't and note the warning when you hover over the option) they should all load fine however every "folder+file name" can only be used once, ergo the second addon processed using that same folder and file name combination within it will be ignored, texture, script or otherwise.  Note that everything in VX-Mod folder is like Addons folder and will always be executed first, but it's NOT for users where Addon folder is.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AR34X said:

Okay, so I did a little testing... found two old addons by Hootie (1x/4x Makeup Overhaul) that wasn't working properly.  For it to work/be actually visible it has to be named so that comes before Body4xMod alphabetically (same textures are present in both).

In VX, you can (I believe) have both 1x & 4x textures at the same time by adding a prefix to the texture names (I don't use 4x textures, so I'm not sure.)

Addon toys that support AM, only permit a single texture. There is no way to have a choice of different textures without disabling one already installed.

44 minutes ago, OysterMug said:

In VX, you can (I believe) have both 1x & 4x textures at the same time by adding a prefix to the texture names (I don't use 4x textures, so I'm not sure.)

Addon toys that support AM, only permit a single texture. There is no way to have a choice of different textures without disabling one already installed.

yup, I merged them into one addon with the "mod_" prefix for the 4x textures and it worked beautifully 🙂.

• Like 1