Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

Klub Sentinel Klub Sentinel

Silky Sheen?

ArtsAndCrafty

Question

I'm working on a mod, where I'm combining the F_RedSilkDress001 with F_Catsuit_OnBody_NoShine.  My problem is in matching the sheen textures.  I can't get the either to match right.  the sheen of silk with the flatness of the catsuit.  I can't alter the txf files on the catsuit to match without taking away my ability to delete the non necessary elements of the catsuit or the silky dress. (examples provided)  I'm looking to put lace sleeves on the dress and plug the hole in the chest with the catsuit.  Is there any help I can get to let these two blend better?  I'd prefer the catsuit to be silky but will accept an flat silk dress.

F_Catsuit_OnBody_NoShine (2).png

F_RedSilkDress001.png

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, ArtsAndCrafty said:

I'm working on a mod, where I'm combining the F_RedSilkDress001 with F_Catsuit_OnBody_NoShine.  My problem is in matching the sheen textures.  I can't get the either to match right.  the sheen of silk with the flatness of the catsuit.  I can't alter the txf files on the catsuit to match without taking away my ability to delete the non necessary elements of the catsuit or the silky dress. (examples provided)  I'm looking to put lace sleeves on the dress and plug the hole in the chest with the catsuit.  Is there any help I can get to let these two blend better?  I'd prefer the catsuit to be silky but will accept an flat silk dress.

F_Catsuit_OnBody_NoShine (2).png

F_RedSilkDress001.png

If that's your default texture, I'm not even sure how you've got a hole there :classic_biggrin:

- or is that your edit  (something you need it to have, as in a reveal)  ?

Not totally following what you're trying to do here :classic_smile:

If the hole's not something you want, this might help some way to what you're trying to achieve - an Activemod texture at a slightly improved resolution (sharper, not larger). No hole :

(not mine - unknown author)

If the hole is something you need as an option, how about just activemod variations? - one with hole, one without.

Otherwise, you might still be able to use the improved texture.

F_RedSilkDress001.zip

All My Downloads:   aardy's Content - Klub Exile

1 hour ago, ArtsAndCrafty said:

That black spot "hole" is just a touch of black paint I threw on to compare to the black on the catsuit.

Ah.  In that case I'm still none the wiser with what you're trying to do.  Even less so, infact :classic_biggrin:

The silky sheen is down to a specular setting in the mesh.

I don't think I can adjust the shine on the catsuit - I've looked at this before, it's a rather complex default item - 3 variations sharing one mesh.

But I've removed all shine from the dress.

See if this works for you.  It's a replacer, so it goes in your addons.  Simply removing it will restore the original:

!Custom.Cloth.DragonDress_mod.zip

EDIT:  I think I've got it - you're talking about this 'hole' ? :classic_laugh:

ScreenCap_40.jpg

All My Downloads:   aardy's Content - Klub Exile

2 hours ago, aardy said:

Ah.  In that case I'm still none the wiser with what you're trying to do.  Even less so, infact :classic_biggrin:

I don't think I can adjust the shine on the catsuit - I've looked at this before, it's a rather complex default item - 3 variations sharing one mesh.

See if this works for you.  It's a replacer, so it goes in your addons.  Simply removing it will restore the original:

!Custom.Cloth.DragonDress_mod.zip 296.32 kB · 0 downloads

ScreenCap_40.jpg

Thanks.  I'll give a try later.

I'd do it right away, but I'm distracted by a classic movie at moment.

"The Big Country"  Greggory Peck, Jean Simmons

I once tried to do a model of her.  It's just so so. 🤨

5 hours ago, aardy said:

!Custom.Cloth.DragonDress_mod.zip 296.32 kB · 1 download

ScreenCap_40.jpg

Here's what I've got so far.  It works pretty well.  My next hurdle will be adding textures to match both.

Juleka.png

• Thumbs Up 1