Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

Klub Sentinel Klub Sentinel

SOLVED: Installing Toy Add-ons (Help Needed)

Nc1472

Hi,

I am probably being really silly - but I can't seem to get Custom Toys to work.

I've installed them to the addons folder - all other addons work fine.

Then I load the game and go in to Pose Edit and the custom toys are not in the list to pick from.  Am I missing something?  I just know it will be something stupid.

Edited by Nc1472

32 minutes ago, Nc1472 said:

Hi,

Then I load the game and go in to Pose Edit and the custom toys are not in the list to pick from.  Am I missing something?  I just know it will be something stupid.

Nope, that should be all there is to it, unless specified otherwise. Some toys might additionally have files to go in ActiveMod.

Maybe you have another addon messing with it? Try putting one or more "!" in front of the toy folder name in addon, so the game picks it up earlier in the chain.

Alternatively, you can simply drop the files (...base.png, ...icon.png, ...tes) from the toy addon folder into your k17/saves folder and try. That is not really elegant, but should work.

49 minutes ago, McKeu said:

Alternatively, you can simply drop the files (...base.png, ...icon.png, ...tes) from the toy addon folder into your k17/saves folder and try. That is not really elegant, but should work.

Addon Toys won't have .base and .tes files.  You will only find these in simple toys made for the default Save folder.

• Like 1

All My Downloads:   aardy's Content - Klub Exile

5 minutes ago, aardy said:

Addon Toys won't have .base and .tes files.  You will only find these in simple toys made for the default Save folder.

True, it depends. But I am not sure what toy he is using. If it is not made for add-on, it will never show up, if you put it there.

Take the cigarette toy, for example.

Best way, imo, to deal with those, is to either drop them in saves, or in community/toyedit and open them in toy editor and save locally to avoid number conflicts.

1 hour ago, Nc1472 said:

Hi,

So we know what advice to give, can you be a bit more specific about which Toys you are having issues with?

:classic_smile:

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, aardy said:

So we know what advice to give, can you be a bit more specific about which Toys you are having issues with?

:classic_smile:

So for exammple:

I should be able to add this in to my addons folder and load it in to the game via Pose editor by selecting the toy there?

It's just the original toys there when I go on to Pose Editor.

6 minutes ago, Nc1472 said:

So for exammple:

I should be able to add this in to my addons folder and load it in to the game via Pose editor by selecting the toy there?

It's just the original toys there when I go on to Pose Editor.

Hmmm.. sounds like you're installing it correctly.

If you are placing it in Addons as a zip, you could try it as an unzipped folder and see if that works.

And if you are trying unzipped folders, ensure it is just the parent folder that contains Images/Scenes/Scripts subfolders.

It can be easy to install it one folder too deep when using unzipped.

4 minutes ago, aardy said:

Hmmm.. sounds like you're installing it correctly.

If you are placing it in Addons as a zip, you could try it as an unzipped folder and see if that works.

Is this the case for any Addon Toy you're trying?

Yes, I dont understand why it's just toys though

I tested that controller and it shows up perfectly fine for me in pose edit.

Must be something fishy on your side, but I honestly cannot think of any option or anything you could've done wrong.
I'd probably try putting the archive unpacked in addons and see if the issue persists. Since you said that NO toys work for you... did you drop them all into addons as archives or also unpacked in their folders?

33 minutes ago, aardy said:

Do you see them in the menu if you try to load them in Freemode?

Funny enough, No.

Have I accidentally disabled toys somehow maybe?  No toys load in freemode, and poses with toys just load without the toys.

2 minutes ago, Nc1472 said:

Funny enough, No.

Have I accidentally disabled toys somehow maybe?  No toys load in freemode, and poses with toys just load without the toys.

Not even the default ones? I am unaware of any option that allows you to suppress toys, unless you have a mod doing so.

33 minutes ago, Nc1472 said:

Funny enough, No.

Oh 😲   Must admit, I'm stumped.  There isn't a way to disable all toys (that I know of), so not something you've done there.

Have you tried any of these toys in an otherwise empty Addons folder just to see if there is a conflict with anything else in there?

Otherwise the only option I could suggest at this point is a re-install.

I would be curious about one thing, though:

In free mode, if you try to load one of the default toys or toy poses. Is it simply not displayed, but the control box for it in the upper right is there, or does absolutely nothing happen? If the box is there and you adjust the speed, will animation happen, just without the toy model?

You know how to add a toy to a pose, do you? No offence... It's the kind of things where beginners get stuck (I've been through it).

Just in case:

1. In PoseEdit, select the actor you want the toy connected to, and scroll the key list down to Extras - Free Toy

2. Click on the link icon on the right > Connect to... > Actor1 [Actor2, Actor3, Actor4] > Free toy

3. Click the link icon again > Change Toy > select a toy from the list (it should be there, provided that the toy is installed correctly).

If you still have problems, check your log files for conflicts.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, onevision said:

You know how to add a toy to a pose, do you? No offence... It's the kind of things where beginners get stuck (I've been through it).

Just in case:

1. In PoseEdit, select the actor you want the toy connected to, and scroll the key list down to Extras - Free Toy

2. Click on the link icon on the right > Connect to... > Actor1 [Actor2, Actor3, Actor4] > Free toy

3. Click the link icon again > Change Toy > select a toy from the list (it should be there, provided that the toy is installed correctly).

If you still have problems, check your log files for conflicts.

Since they (apparently) do not even show up in the browser in free mode, I do reckon the problem is indeed elsewhere.

A parallel portable test install might give some clarity. Or logs, yes, but you need to know how to read them.

At this point I really do think some other mod is doing some "blanket stuff" affecting all toys, or the install is simply broken.

2 minutes ago, Nc1472 said:

Thanks guys for helping.

I think I might need to just reinstall to get it working with Toys

That would very much point to another addon messing with you, or a damaged install.

On 2/3/2022 at 10:48 AM, Nc1472 said:

Hi,

Can't help you because I'm partially suffering from the same problem. I'm sure it's some kind of conflict. I can't just point it out.

1 hour ago, Morius said:

Can't help you because I'm partially suffering from the same problem. I'm sure it's some kind of conflict. I can't just point it out.

Really? I only have a problem with saves, as I am already way over my limit of saved toys and have to juggle toy numbers.

Addons always work.

I had to drop a Sprite bottle to make this one work, for example, cause they both were same toy save number (I could have chosen any other replacement, but who tf needs a Sprite bottle.) Your toy save slots are limited, keep that in mind. Once you go over a specific number, or they don't follow strict  numbering rules, they won't show up anymore. Addons don't necessarily follow that rule.

This toy for example goes into your saves folder and is not an addon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, McKeu said:

Really? I only have a problem with saves, as I am already way over my limit of saved toys and have to juggle toy numbers.

Addons always work.

I had to drop a Sprite bottle to make this one work, for example, cause they both were same toy save number (I could have chosen any other replacement, but who tf needs a Sprite bottle.) Your toy save slots are limited, keep that in mind. Once you go over a specific number, or they don't follow strict  numbering rules, they won't show up anymore. Addons don't necessarily follow that rule.

This toy for example goes into your saves folder and is not an addon.

Yeah, I've noticed that there is a toy limit, but it's not that.

Toys appear without image, some toys pack (like the dog pack) only appear one dog, no matter how many toys addons are in the oflder. (once I let just the dogs pack, but onlyo ne dog appeared). This problem is very odd.

image.png

1 hour ago, Morius said:

Yeah, I've noticed that there is a toy limit, but it's not that.

Toys appear without image, some toys pack (like the dog pack) only appear one dog, no matter how many toys addons are in the oflder. (once I let just the dogs pack, but onlyo ne dog appeared). This problem is very odd.

image.png

I do have some occasional oddities, as well. I am still not 100% sure about everything that happens under the hood in regard to toys, especially how and when they conflict. It is even less simple, due to the fact that we have two kinds of toys (addons and saves) possible. Tbf, up to this point I only ever had problems with conflicting "save" toys, never addons.

11 minutes ago, Nc1472 said:

I managed to get toys appearing in Freemode somehow but still no Addon Toys showing

I would probably simply make a fresh portable install of KE in a different folder, just for testing, and try the toys there.

If they still don't work, then there is a serious issue on your side. If they do, then you probably have some other add-on messing with them.

Been messing about with this issue again more recently.

Toys seem to load if I add old style Toys in to the Save Folder, but as soon as I try to use Addon toys they dont load up.

So it seems to be only addon Toys that are not loading up.

Strange.