Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

Klub Sentinel Klub Sentinel

R9 Hair 052, but more natural?

thalysian

Question

Hi guys,

R9Hair052 is my all-time favorite hair, but it often looks really fake unfortunately, especially in darker colors it gets this "plastic" look. Are there better/more natural looking textures available for this one?

Any tips would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The Klub 17-0003.png

The Klub 17-0002.png

The Klub 17-0004.png

Edited by thalysian

7 answers to this question

@thalysian
You can follow this path - "your VX install folder\Archives\2.158.001\Images.zip\Images\Q=Tex032M\Shared\Hair\" there you'll find a R9Hair052.png - a texture for this hair, copy it or extract it from zip, make a new folder in activemod, paste it or move it there and then add a pass file to Driver's maps. 

Or follow same path in this Hair Packs and you should find this texture.

The .png file is only the preview icon, though. Can I do something with the .txf file?

This txf is likely for the icon only, you can leave it alone. The actually useful txf is along with the texture file at the same path, but if you add one into your AM folder it will only allow you to override the info thats is in addon package, if you don't add one into activemod it will use a txf and its info which is stored in "Addons" which can be quite alright if that txf is properly setup

8 hours ago, thalysian said:

I just found this hair pack, which also has files for R9Hair052. They look better than the default one in the previews, but I don't know how to install any of these:

if you're only interested in the texture for this specific hair, you can simply do a windows search for a filename there, locate the folder and copy into your activemod, double check its copies right, no subfolders or smth, for example - activemod/Hair052 cool texture 2/R9Hair052.png 

• Thumbs Up 1

That sounds like great tip, thanks. I followed the instructions, but I can't find the correct .png.

R9Hair052 seems to be part of the HairPack400, which is included in the VX base game. There are only two files in the VX-Mod folder for R9Hair052: a .png file and a .txf file. The .png file is only the preview icon, though. Can I do something with the .txf file?

11 hours ago, thalysian said:

I just found this hair pack, which also has files for R9Hair052. They look better than the default one in the previews, but I don't know how to install any of these:

If you are looking just for the textures you can download the Absurdus H5 Hair texture packs from that link. Unzip them and put them into your Mod/ActiveMod folder. If you are looking just for that one R9Hair052 texture. I uploaded it from the Absurdus hair pack. See attachment.. Just unzip folder and place contents in your Mod/ActiveMod folder. Good Luck.

R9Hair052.7z

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks a lot, guys! It worked. Looks way better now. 🙂

To take it a step further: Is there a way to make the R9Hair052 more smooth in appearance, similar to this one? 

This hair is more homogenous and seems to have a more transparent/delicate appearance, if you know what I mean. I don't know how to describe it any better. 

I suspect this cannot be done simply with a texture, but I gotta ask. As you probably have guessed, I don't understand a lot about how addons work yet...

Cheers

On 12/6/2021 at 6:59 PM, thalysian said:

Thanks a lot, guys! It worked. Looks way better now. 🙂

To take it a step further: Is there a way to make the R9Hair052 more smooth in appearance, similar to this one? 

This hair is more homogenous and seems to have a more transparent/delicate appearance, if you know what I mean. I don't know how to describe it any better. 

I suspect this cannot be done simply with a texture, but I gotta ask. As you probably have guessed, I don't understand a lot about how addons work yet...

Cheers

Morokei's hair 468 has AlphaBlend mode which renders the semi-transparency of the hair texture, that's why it looks so smooth. This requires some modding knowledge though.

• Like 1