Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

About Prylipala's Head Mod

onevision

I have a question regarding Prylipala's Head Mod.

Some of the sliders aren't working. I believe I'm missing a few required head mods, but I don't know which ones, and where to get them.

This happens both with the original version and with Kraegar's. Any help is appreciated.

You dont need the head mods for the sliders to work, the mod itself handles everything. Try to remove all head mods except Pry mod and see if it works. Make sure in this test that only 1 version is present. I had it conflict on VX but I never figured out what. Something to do with the script file which handles the slider morph settings (I never figured this out either.) The only way you could be missing head "morphs" in the mod is if you modified the script file itself.

I also did a tutorial on how to turn other head mods to give them pry sliders via some copy and paste. Note about this method that I did not mention is that for whatever reason, if you change the name too much, the slider NAMES dont appear, but still work... its strange, but basically I copy and paste the pry addon folder and keep most of the name intact, adding the name of the new .tri file at the end and this works fine, while changing it completely resulted in this bug. I figure I mention all this in case any of it is relevant or could resolve your problem.

Heres my guide for swapping the .tri file and activating sliders for any headmod:

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, onevision said:

Some of the sliders aren't working. I believe I'm missing a few required head mods, but I don't know which ones, and where to get them.

Which sliders aren't working by the way?

On 7/10/2021 at 8:13 AM, Driver said:

Which sliders aren't working by the way?

To answer the question I'll need to check... I'll answer shortly. Probably I took some liberty renaming the addons, as arse22 said.

Bonita head (or Bonitav2) is one of the sliders not working if I recall correctly, but I'll be more precise as soon as possible.

On 7/10/2021 at 6:53 AM, arse22 said:

Try to remove all head mods except Pry mod

I don't think this is a good idea. Many models I have rely on the base addons.

I should convert all of them to Prylipala head, maxing the correct slider and leaving all others to zero. I suppose it can be done, as last resort, if I keep installed all the head addons that Prylipala's mod does not handle.

So it seems you need to change several headmods included in somewhere in your addons folder.

If you're using EMFS body you should have a kind of headpack in addons to make emfs work. Pick what you need and make them back to independent headmod. If I take GeFemaleA for example, it will look like below.

Mesh.Face.GEFemaleA\Scenes\Shared\Body\fg_head.tri (renamed from fg_gefemalea.tri)

Every female headmod has to have the name fg_head.tri for VX to realize it as a headmod, but any folder name will work instead, "Mesh.Face.GEFemaleA" is just a sample.

9 minutes ago, Driver said:

So it seems you need to change several headmods included in somewhere in your addons folder.

If you're using EMFS body you should have a kind of headpack in addons to make emfs work. Pick what you need and make them back to independent headmod. If I take GeFemaleA for example, it will look like below.

Mesh.Face.GEFemaleA\Scenes\Shared\Body\fg_head.tri (renamed from fg_gefemalea.tri)

Every female headmod has to have the name fg_head.tri for VX to realize it as a headmod, but any folder name will work instead, "Mesh.Face.GEFemaleA" is just a sample.

I figured as much. This is how I recover head mods when I don't have access to the original addon. This happens rarely, though (I managed to backup a good number of heads from MG, including a few of drmls' edits).

To the matter at hand... All morphs are working except those starting from aEGM15.
It's the last two sections, basically, from Drm Sora2 to Aphrodite/MalePP.

2 hours ago, onevision said:

To the matter at hand... All morphs are working except those starting from aEGM15.
It's the last two sections, basically, from Drm Sora2 to Aphrodite/MalePP.

It sounds as if you would have older egm file that prylipala shared long before (it had smaller number of morphs than the latest VX ver.) in your addons, but at the same time it may sound strange because VX has very sofisticated system about mod selection so that you can use 4 kinds of headmods a maximum in a play and each model has kind of independent environment, that said, if I use gefemaleA for 3 models and prylipala for only one model in a game play, the 3 models has asymmetrical sliders while the one can use prylipala sliders that replaces asymmetrical ones, which never happened in v7.5.

Anyway I recommend you two thing, the one is to make sure you're using latest VX version of prylipala mod, the other is to look for older egm file that might be installed in your Addons folder.

1 hour ago, Driver said:

you can use 4 kinds of headmods a maximum in a play and each model has kind of independent environment

Exactly. For instance, there's nothing wrong in using GEFemale_A (standalone) for one model and Prylipala's mod for another.

I suspect that some head morphs are missing from my Prylipala mod (maybe deliberately removed by Kraegar?). I'll have to try the "classic" version.

I'm pretty sure that both versions are for VX. Maybe the obsolete .egm you refer to is hidden inside some other standalone mod and takes priority in the loading process.

In that case, I can try to replace just this file in each standalone mod I have installed. Or find a way to make sure Prylipala's mod loads first.

Either way, this means that I have to renounce to asymmetry sliders in standalone mods (a loss I can live with).

20 minutes ago, onevision said:

I suspect that some head morphs are missing from my Prylipala mod (maybe deliberately removed by Kraegar?).

Prylipala mod doesn't have any dependency with any headmod.

The mod contains only these (plus male files) in scene folder:

fg_head.egm - morph

fg_head.tri - mesh

fg_si.ctl - not sure, 

That means all head morphs (like GE, Sam, etc.) are integrated in a fg_head.egm file. And to make your own egm file you'll need facegen software and only person who make use of it is Prylipara himself as far as I know.

Yes, in fact I edited my message. This is more an issue due to imperfect isolation between two different egm files

- If Prylipala takes over, you miss asymmetry sliders in "regular" mods

- If a "regular" mod takes over, you miss some controls in Prylipala mod

A strange fact... I should have mentioned this earlier: recently I happened to see some NEW sliders in a special category named Extras (for mouth lips, nose...)

Could be that these ones are substitutes for my non-working sliders?

Arse22 and Driver surely are more proficient in this question, I'll just add my insight, maybe it will be of use

I remember back on MG, in VX updates thread K17 or Avarteas mentioned that a VX-edition Prylipala sliders were changed in scripts, their order changed a little and possibly some of their ID's, and it was a confirmed issue that some of them stopped working. Was it remedied later or not I can't say, I stopped updating the game at one point.
I used some text comparison tools, checking some script bs from Pry. packs and there where indeed changes in both code and ID number for some of the "heads".  I would guess that some other VX stuff occupied some of the former IDs, making them unresponsive. You've mentioned you have various heads or headpack, maybe some conflicting egm or scripts in there, and as was already mentioned Prylipala mod is standalone.

Some of my models looked wrong under VX edition sliders, and I kept the old one just for them, but I use the latest for any new models. Right now I can't say for 100% that all sliders are working, need to check that, but if memory serves me right I believe they do. 
(and for the record, I didn't edit any of the versions I use, I may have added it's functionality to some of the addon heads posted by various authors)

1 hour ago, onevision said:

A strange fact... I should have mentioned this earlier: recently I happened to see some NEW sliders in a special category named Extras (for mouth lips, nose...)

Could be that these ones are substitutes for my non-working sliders?

It may be coming from XBody package, not sure

I would probably try Prylipala's thing on another portable clean installation, maybe some addon in the main one is the reason for conflict

2 hours ago, Kraegar said:

there where indeed changes in both code and ID number for some of the "heads".  I would guess that some other VX stuff occupied some of the former IDs, making them unresponsive.

Probably this is important information for onevision, I think he's using some outdated version that published under v7.5 but idk, cause he won't return until Italy beats England at Wembley. 😁

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Kraegar said:

What if It doesn't ?) 🙂 

@Kraegar Have no fear!

My apologies @Olaf Sand and all England fans. This isn't sweet how I imagined it, and I'm not proud of this "victory", unlike the cretins who are celebrating out there...

I think it's time to change this absurd rule, a final match can't be decided by penalties. Each time it's like a regression to the Stone Age.

Back to the topic:

I sincerely don't know what to make of the information gathered so far, but thanks anyway for trying to help, everyone.

Good catch about XBody. I have to try disabling it temporarily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, onevision said:

My apologies @Olaf Sand and all England fans. This isn't sweet how I imagined it, and I'm not proud of this "victory", unlike the cretins who are celebrating out there...

I think it's time to change this absurd rule, a final match can't be decided by penalties. Each time it's like a regression to the Stone Age.

Agreed. A penalty shootout is never a good way to end a football match. My suggestion would be that they scrap it and bring back the Golden Goal rule:  First team to score in extra time wins. It might not be a much better alternative, but at least they'd get it over with quicker.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Olaf Sand said:

Agreed. A penalty shootout is never a good way to end a football match. My suggestion would be that they scrap it and bring back the Golden Goal rule:  First team to score in extra time wins. It might not be a much better alternative, but at least they'd get it over with quicker.

What I never understood why they removed match for 3rd place on EUROs long ago ... it feels very odd compared to World Cup.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, x17 said:

What I never understood why they removed match for 3rd place on EUROs long ago ... it feels very odd compared to World Cup.

According to Wikipedia, "the third place play-off, widely perceived as an unnecessary chore, was dropped." In a way I can understand that. When you enter the Euros or the World Cup, your goal is to get gold. Bronze? Not so much.

That reminds me of something I read in a book about the 1994 World Cup. Sweden beat Bulgaria 4-0 in the third place playoff, yet both teams were awarded with bronze medals! I don't know if that usually happens in World Cups, but if that's the case, why not just give bronze medals to both teams that lost the semi finals without having to do the playoff?

• Like 1

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Olaf Sand said:

According to Wikipedia, "the third place play-off, widely perceived as an unnecessary chore, was dropped." In a way I can understand that. When you enter the Euros or the World Cup, your goal is to get gold. Bronze? Not so much.

That reminds me of something I read in a book about the 1994 World Cup. Sweden beat Bulgaria 4-0 in the third place playoff, yet both teams were awarded with bronze medals! I don't know if that usually happens in World Cups, but if that's the case, why not just give bronze medals to both teams that lost the semi finals without having to do the playoff?

I think it was just made unneccesarily confusing - they should have left same system as in WC and have finale and game for 3rd place - so everyone can know who is 1st , 2nd and 3rd ... and basically this makes good chances of accomplishments for three teams, instead of just one ... 

• Like 1

Ok guys. I think I got it. The new "Extra" sliders I mentioned before are common morphs, not asymmetry morphs:

60: Eyes1
61: Eyes2
62: Eyes3
63: Nose1

Also those indexed 64-79 were not present in 7.5, as far as I can remember.
However, these are all "vanilla VX" sliders (not related in any way to XBody, as we thought). I got more interesting results by checking the contents of VX-addon.log

I noticed that Custom.Face.Bonita.zip loads before Custom.Prylipala_AltAsymFull.FaceSlider.zip and indeed it contains a .egm file that is surely older than VX. Now, there are two ways to get around this.

1st option:
strip every standalone head mod of its .egm file, effectively removing any chance of conflict with AlterAsymmmetry mod, but also renouncing to asymmetry morphs in classic heads.

2nd option:
replace the .egm files in classic heads with the fg_head.egm file found in Archives\Scenes\Shared\Body\

This should preserve the asymmetry options in classic heads, and hopefully unlock the sliders currently not working in AlterAsymmetry, at the same time.

I'll report back after a few more tests.

Just now, onevision said:

I don't think this is a good idea. Many models I have rely on the base addons.

I should convert all of them to Prylipala head, maxing the correct slider and leaving all others to zero. I suppose it can be done, as last resort, if I keep installed all the head addons that Prylipala's mod does not handle.

Maybe Im not understanding what youre writing, it looks wrong. Removing all head mods does not save any changes on the model, Ive tested this, it will remember all Pry slider settings, removing the mod doesnt zero them out. They are saved as asymmetry.

Also the reason I suggested this was to help you pinpoint the problem, because like I said, I had a similar issue when 2 pry mods conflicted. I downloaded two different versions from this site for example, I thought there would be no problem running the two concurrently (because I have many custom heads as well.. ) youd think there would be no issue with running both concurrently but for whatever reason it's not true. Its a little myterious the way this mod works, it's not a perfect port remember. So I was impying, you may be facing a similar issue.

Ok guys. I think I got it. The new "Extra" sliders I mentioned before are common morphs, not asymmetry morphs:

60: Eyes1
61: Eyes2
62: Eyes3
63: Nose1

Also those indexed 64-79 were not present in 7.5, as far as I can remember.

They were in 7.5 and added back in in version p.

Just now, Driver said:

Prylipala mod doesn't have any dependency with any headmod.

The mod contains only these (plus male files) in scene folder:

fg_head.egm - morph

fg_head.tri - mesh

fg_si.ctl - not sure, 

That means all head morphs (like GE, Sam, etc.) are integrated in a fg_head.egm file. And to make your own egm file you'll need facegen software and only person who make use of it is Prylipara himself as far as I know.

Basically this. It's how Xbody works too, but it doest use .egm (obv,) instead the morphs are on the body file.

7 minutes ago, arse22 said:

Maybe Im not understanding what youre writing, it looks wrong. Removing all head mods does not save any changes on the model, Ive tested this, it will remember all Pry slider settings, removing the mod doesnt zero them out

Misunderstanding (probably my fault).

I'll try to clarify by example: it is possible to obtain a "pure" GEFemale_A using only AlterAsymmetry mod. All you have to do is drag the GEFemale_A slider to max, leaving all other sliders in zero position.

Same for any other head mod included in AlterAsymmetry.

14 minutes ago, arse22 said:

They were in 7.5 and added back in in version p.

Good to know.

Misunderstanding (probably my fault).

I'll try to clarify by example: it is possible to obtain a "pure" GEFemale_A using only AlterAsymmetry mod. All you have to do is drag the GEFemale_A slider to max, leaving all other sliders in zero position.

Same for any other head mod included in AlterAsymmetry.

Good to know.

If you replace the .tri file with the one from GEA like I explained in the guide, you dont need to do this. In fact, using the GEA slider on such a mod will cause... double GEA.. not an ideal look. 

Another misunderstanding. No need to replace anything. I'm talking about applying the GEFemale_A morph to the default geometry (fg_head.tri) file, not to GEFemale_A's (that would be weird, as you say).

I picked GEFemale_A as example just because it's one of the mods already included in Prylipala's mod.