Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

Klub Sentinel Klub Sentinel

Hair Repack R9 400+

arse22

Question

Looking for a good VX repack of hairs R9 400+. The biggest problem right now for me with available options is they are either:

-7.5 unconverted/cause crash
-Incomplete
-Conflict
-All of the Above

Looking for a pruned and tested pack or set of repacks, I downloaded every single one from here, LL and archive/mega links I could find and always one of these problems arise. If anyone took the time to already complete one for their VX build and would be kind enough to upload it, I would appreciate it.

• Agree 1

11 answers to this question

On 4/25/2021 at 8:05 PM, arse22 said:

Looking for a good VX repack of hairs R9 400+. The biggest problem right now for me with available options is they are either:

-7.5 unconverted/cause crash
-Incomplete
-Conflict
-All of the Above

Looking for a pruned and tested pack or set of repacks, I downloaded every single one from here, LL and archive/mega links I could find and always one of these problems arise. If anyone took the time to already complete one for their VX build and would be kind enough to upload it, I would appreciate it.

Just to clarify: are you looking for a merged addon pack like all 400+ hairs in one addon or are you fine with loose addons that are converted, tested and working under VX?

• Agree 1

Having the 'official' 400 pack revised would be the best option, I think. Some ppl (like me) have it disabled but still use the hair400 whitelist option in Config.

Even though I don't recall any causing crash. Conversion is implicit (they are all loose files in a zip folder).

Maybe for some there are problems with alphablend, that's true.

As for conflicts, yes, there are some. That's why I use the whitelist method.

2 hours ago, onevision said:

Having the 'official' 400 pack revised would be the best option, I think. Some ppl (like me) have it disabled but still use the hair400 whitelist option in Config.

Even though I don't recall any causing crash. Conversion is implicit (they are all loose files in a zip folder).

Maybe for some there are problems with alphablend, that's true.

As for conflicts, yes, there are some. That's why I use the whitelist method.

Yeah, I use the whitelist as well... some of the built in Hair400 I have replaces for/don't use and so on. Anyway I think @arse22 was specifically asking for the R9Hairs not included in the built in pack, so those from 401-5xx (whatever the latest is). 

• Agree 1

On 6/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, AR34X said:

Yeah, I use the whitelist as well... some of the built in Hair400 I have replaces for/don't use and so on. Anyway I think @arse22 was specifically asking for the R9Hairs not included in the built in pack, so those from 401-5xx (whatever the latest is). 

Yeah, this, hairs are kind of a problem. I know many just use HW exclusively. But would be nice to have. I dont know why the original 400 hair pack didnt include everything aside from the chance more hairs would be released on MG. Now its obvious no new hair was made for a while in 400-600~ range, so why not include it in a complete pack for vx. Or I guess a total pack part 2 is waht I was looking for.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, arse22 said:

Yeah, this, hairs are kind of a problem. I know many just use HW exclusively. But would be nice to have. I dont know why the original 400 hair pack didnt include everything aside from the chance more hairs would be released on MG. Now its obvious no new hair was made for a while in 400-600~ range, so why not include it in a complete pack for vx. Or I guess a total pack part 2 is waht I was looking for.

Why it wasn't included probably had something to do with permission from original creators and that converting and testing/fixing hairs is really time consuming due to the sheer number of hairs... although, from personal experience, once you get past the R9-500-ish mark there's seem to be a lot less issues. Looking at my hair index files I see that @aardy fixed a bunch of NC-hairs (R9-400-range)... have you come across those?

21 minutes ago, AR34X said:

Why it wasn't included probably had something to do with permission from original creators and that converting and testing/fixing hairs is really time consuming due to the sheer number of hairs... although, from personal experience, once you get past the R9-500-ish mark there's seem to be a lot less issues. Looking at my hair index files I see that @aardy fixed a bunch of NC-hairs (R9-400-range)... have you come across those?

What I did with those was just to replace any jp2s (which were no longer giving a transparency) with alpha-corrected pngs. 

They do now seem to be in general circulation - or others have replaced these files themselves.

If anyone thinks they may still need them, check your Hair's texture file to see if it contains a jp2 rather than a png.  If there's still a requirement I can repost.

There were still some errors that this didn't fix - like in the current Hair419 Jekea issue.

:classic_smile:

• Thumbs Up 1

All My Downloads:   aardy's Content - Klub Exile

2 hours ago, aardy said:

What I did with those was just to replace any jp2s

Ah, so that's what you did😃. Yeah, I've been going through older addons/AM-textures in general and replacing those jp2s with pngs, both textures and icons...

7 hours ago, aardy said:

What I did with those was just to replace any jp2s (which were no longer giving a transparency) with alpha-corrected pngs.

4 hours ago, AR34X said:

Ah, so that's what you did😃. Yeah, I've been going through older addons/AM-textures in general and replacing those jp2s with pngs, both textures and icons...

Does replacing the jp2 with png correct the transparency? Does it need further editing?

1 hour ago, blindside18 said:

Does replacing the jp2 with png correct the transparency? Does it need further editing?

As long as the area that should display as transparent on the jp2 (which usually appears as black) is actually transparent in the png, it should work. 

It can require some feathering at the edges of the hair areas.

If you have issues with any particular hair, send me a PM.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

All My Downloads:   aardy's Content - Klub Exile

3 hours ago, blindside18 said:

I open .jp2 with GIMP and using the default import settings (just clicking ok) has been working great. I may recall some specific texture being a little tricky but I think that was actually a clothing texture.

• Thanks 1

• Administrator
18 hours ago, drmls said:

Why don't we have a pack of r9 hairs in 400-600~ range?; I'd like to place this as request from admins!

Please to not abuse the report function. I know there is selection options of; 'comment is ok but would like to tell a moderator about it'. But you failed to provided any additional valuable information and judging from your comment, you are just trying to request a repack to be made and want it to be done by someone. This by itself is a wasteful moment on your part and in part makes you narcissistic. Please take such request to the proper section. 

Reading the other comments; I can only judge/answer on what I seen, heard and know how they work and/or how the game works.

Certain hairs addons and addons was not included due to them not being made/created and made available for when they begin work for VX. Hence on why certain addons are not included in the base VX game.

To get such a 'repack' to happen; requires time and effort. To make better sense, a user will need to gather 'ALL SAID ADDONS', test them, compile them, test addon/repack integrity, etc. If you think its a easy process, then be my guest and make it happen - otherwise if you don't then you know of the time sync and complexity behind it and that is better used elsewhere.

Though perhaps - yes you can get a small team to create a repack addon; but again; time sync, work, and answering to someone is needed. Something that alot of people do not like to do is to is 'work for someone' and/or being 'pressured' to prepare something within a time frame because in many cases it will just lead to a 'do it yourself' scenario.

🇺🇸 The Few and The Proud 🇺🇸