Hi There

Welcome to Klub Exile. If you happened to make your way to the site either from Lovers Lab or a Search on Google, we are glad you found us.  To unlock the entire site you will need to have a account registered.  Don't worry it is free but in the mean time you can read up on why we made the site and other little tidbits.  Feel free to join or Discord Server also if you have any more questions.  Thanks for stopping by and See You on the other side.

admin admin

Hook5 Extended Version

pervokpetr

On 5/3/2022 at 7:19 AM, jmann54 said:

Is there a Hooks for dummy's area?

100% need a bit more friendly and shorter guides. Several aspects of H5, I had to find out the hard way, not found here, some of it is there, but not easily found, then there's some stuff that's just hard to figure out and sad truth, but some stuff is not explained clearly.

One of the strengths of MG was the number or simplified guides & tutorials.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BTW, I've tested H5 some more, finally found a stable a fully working version. I've updated most of my ActiveMod folder now, took me awhile. And then I got to toys lol.

Toys... even H5 does not agree with toys, on occassion it will crash, though even now, I still rarely crash, but yeah, there's a few crashes, though when it comes to crashes, yeah, I'm going to guess some toys were made for 7,5 ,they work in VX and work with H5, but they're not fully compatible.

Still having a lot of fun with the textures, slowly working my way into fully understand all aspects of H5. I really like how H5 works, effects are way better, more complex, but way better.

Have yet to test skins, gota test objects too, havn't got there yet. I do wish, as said above, those guys who know this stuff had more tutorials.

I mean, even the base _pass files, the whole system and textures and stuff, it could be explained somewhere on the forum. I got the pdf, but it only covers the basics, it doesn't cover some things I only found in game.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Drahzar said:

100% need a bit more friendly and shorter guides. Several aspects of H5, I had to find out the hard way, not found here, some of it is there, but not easily found, then there's some stuff that's just hard to figure out and sad truth, but some stuff is not explained clearly.

One of the strengths of MG was the number or simplified guides & tutorials.

I think it has to do with how Hook5 was being made and the changes it would add to each update. So in MG, there was 2 Hook5 crowds - the paying costumers and the Freebie version. The freebie version updates was rare so it was easy/simple to keep a guide because such setting weren't implemented. H5$ would add or change many things. 

That said - Hook5 was near a end point during the time MG died. So a well written tutorial was not made in time. Still, Hook5 is complex and not an easy task to grasp. Though, it can easy once you get the hang of it - its still complex task to achieve. Heck, I myself still find new ways to us it. So even if you simplify it - alot of information will either not be mentioned or shorten and/or not explained clearly.

As for toys - as mentioned. Toy are a major cause of instability. Mainly due to how it was made before and Hook5 takes it to that limit. Such example: Texture load. You wouldn't have to worry about crash if you are a non hook user because you are loading texture at 1x or sub par.

That said - I always thought this guide was informative

🇺🇸 The Few and The Proud 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Smoke said:

I think it has to do with how Hook5 was being made and the changes it would add to each update. So in MG, there was 2 Hook5 crowds - the paying costumers and the Freebie version. The freebie version updates was rare so it was easy/simple to keep a guide because such setting weren't implemented. H5$ would add or change many things. 

That said - Hook5 was near a end point during the time MG died. So a well written tutorial was not made in time. Still, Hook5 is complex and not an easy task to grasp. Though, it can easy once you get the hang of it - its still complex task to achieve. Heck, I myself still find new ways to us it. So even if you simplify it - alot of information will either not be mentioned or shorten and/or not explained clearly.

As for toys - as mentioned. Toy are a major cause of instability. Mainly due to how it was made before and Hook5 takes it to that limit. Such example: Texture load. You wouldn't have to worry about crash if you are a non hook user because you are loading texture at 1x or sub par.

That said - I always thought this guide was informative

Guide covers basics, covers the theory, doesn't go into practical aspects. Some aspects are very simple, not covered.

Then there's the problem is basically explaining something you need visual aid, but only explained through text.

I don't mean to be ungrateful, but the guide isn't finished, some aspects could be explained otherwise, some aspects I don't really get frankly speaking. Some aspects I only understood while testing it in game.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Drahzar said:

Guide covers basics, covers the theory, doesn't go into practical aspects. Some aspects are very simple, not covered.

Then there's the problem is basically explaining something you need visual aid, but only explained through text.

I don't mean to be ungrateful, but the guide isn't finished, some aspects could be explained otherwise, some aspects I don't really get frankly speaking. Some aspects I only understood while testing it in game.

I don't know about you but I could never find pretty much anything about Hook5 on MG.  It is only now that I am seeing things appear here  that I never knew existed because everything in MG was buried in a thread with a bunch of comments.

As Smoke mentioned a lot of the "Simple" tutorials was basically PervK explaining how some new feature worked. In the Hook5 Development thread.  FYI that entire thread is here for you peruse if you wish.

That said I totally agree some simple guides makes sense, and as this is a community anyone can post a tutorial or 2 on how to do something.  For example how to use includes in your Level Def would be something I would imagine many folks would benefit from.

• Agree 2

Do Not PM Me For Request - Put Your Request in the Forums

• Administrator
6 hours ago, HDiddy said:

That said I totally agree some simple guides makes sense, and as this is a community anyone can post a tutorial or 2 on how to do something.  For example how to use includes in your Level Def would be something I would imagine many folks would benefit from.

Yeah, [includes] sub-menu that pops up when implemented is in general a very useful thing. In that way, one can make basically any level def combination in one single folder, or they can modularly turn on and off certain elements. For example, this would be very handy when one wants to make multiple light sources and turn them on/off or just shift through various day / night / morning / sunset etc ... settings for level, all dynamically within the level.

Dammit, I wish default game had more capabilities ... but some of very useful stuff is only bound to H5.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, x17 said:

Yeah, [includes] sub-menu that pops up when implemented is in general a very useful thing. In that way, one can make basically any level def combination in one single folder, or they can modularly turn on and off certain elements. For example, this would be very handy when one wants to make multiple light sources and turn them on/off or just shift through various day / night / morning / sunset etc ... settings for level, all dynamically within the level.

Dammit, I wish default game had more capabilities ... but some of very useful stuff is only bound to H5.

agreed, right now that I got into H5, I feel like a dumbass not switching sooner. I did add some extra work for the game though.

The lvl def thing, that is more complicated than it seems. Wasn't exactly easy in H4, took me a couple of days, weeks to figure out the one perfect setting for me, played a lot with it. H5 added a shitload of extra options and possiblities, changed how the whole thing works, though I did find some parts were about the same. I had to play with the F4 options for awhile before I could figure it out what works for me. I've tried to do some lvl def, but I found I was out of my league, some parts I don't get yet.

Don't forget not everone is up to your own speed, what may seem easy for you isn't easy for others.

• Administrator
On 5/11/2022 at 6:17 PM, Drahzar said:

Ungrateful - not at all. Helpful criticism IMO.

That is what I mean though - H5 changed through each update. Some features was added, others was readjusted. And that is the problem with much of the guides buried in MG. It only cover that a certain update and it only went a certain distance. And then there was competing tutorials and IMO it was a bad way to go about it because there was some that was passionate about it and others that weren't - by that, some people was giving solid info but their post was ignored and others that only had the intentions of creating a post, never intended on updating their information.

21 hours ago, Drahzar said:

Don't forget not everone is up to your own speed, what may seem easy for you isn't easy for others.

True - but with the amount of customization options, it was never meant to be a easy task for anyone. I think people have a expectation of it being easy. H5 - isn't just a plug and play and you expect pretty graphics right off the bat. You can do alot to get it to how you want a scene. Lights, displacements, glow, shadows, etc. It takes time to get into the grove and when you do, it smooth sailings.

Personally - I think that is what Pervk intended it to be. He gave the basic instructions (Teaching people how to walk), from there - it was up to people to run ahead). You yourself experienced first hand, you had to personally test stuff to see what it did.

Personally - I think level def is easier to make. I dabbled with it H4 and it was just too time consuming. H5 makes a lot steps easy to achieve. And there are several ways to go about it; find that sweet spot, go in balls deeps and melt your PC, or delude you quality by adding a super bright global fixture.

• Like 1

🇺🇸 The Few and The Proud 🇺🇸

Considering how stable H5 is, yeah it is easier to work with. The F4 options also make things a lot easier. I just think there's so many options and things to test, that is the difficult part, it's just very complex to use H5.

Considering H5 is kind of finished, it might be a good time to make some guides for the less experienced people, and try to keep the turorials & guides as simple and as short as possible.

-edit-

Anyone know if there's a button/shortcut to turn off Hook5 while in game? Hook4 had such an option, not sure if H5 has the same, but it's somewhere else?

I prefer to use no hook when using the PoseEdit, the thumbnail comes out better with no hook.

For no other reason than I didn't find a better place to do this -

Thanks, Pervokpetr!

Personally, what you have done for this terribly old game (it just is!), I find nothing short of a miracle. Even if you never read this, I just had to say it!

1 hour ago, Neyro said:

For some reason I can't run it at all

2022-08-29_15-32_1.png

Make sure you install the directx redistributional 2010 like its telling you in the readme file. This window is telling you its not there.

19 minutes ago, Shivu said:

Just to be sure, do I need to subscribe to your Patreon to get that version, or have you made it available for free? By the way, thanks for this tool.

you can sub on patreon for one dollor. after that pull out.

On 3/6/2021 at 11:56 PM, Number251137 said:

I think it's pretty awesome that you've managed to make the game look as good as it does considering the base game engine... big kudos to you for that! Thanks for all your hard work over the years, and I for one shall be keeping my Patreon donation because I'm happy to do so, and, well, a dollar a month really isn't going to break the bank! 😆 Good luck for the future.

- Number251137

Ugh i wish i could get this damned thing to work

On 5/2/2022 at 10:19 PM, jmann54 said:

Is there a Hooks for dummy's area?

I would pay for this tbh lol

will there be any updates to increase FPS for mid-end system but in 1920x1080 resolution

On 3/23/2023 at 2:14 AM, Adam Baum said:

"Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it."

this message is displayed for me where the link for the unlocked H5 should be - any idea why?

Thanks!

i have the same Q. i can not download